DCC Training is the exclusive UK partner of NACE International (AMPP). NACE International is an American leading institute in the field of corrosion, industrial coatings and training. One of the training and certification courses that NACE offers worldwide is the CIP program. The CIP training (Coating Inspector Program) is by far the worldwide standard when it comes to training and certification of industrial coating inspectors. A NACE certified inspector holds an important professional degree and is highly recognized in the industrial coating industry.
The NACE CIP qualification has an excellent reputation worldwide and is widely required by large clients from the offshore and petrochemical industry. Inspectors are trained, examined and in the case of a sufficient result, certified by the “NACE Institute”. The program has three consecutive levels of certification, CIP levels 1, 2 and 3.
CIP level 1
CIP Level 1 is the basic level. This program can be followed without prior technical training. However, a thorough understanding of the English language is essential.
CIP Level 1 covers the following topics:
- Electrochemical corrosion and corrosion control
- Coating specifications
- Pre-job meeting
- Climatic conditions, test instruments
- Surface preparation
- Coating application methods
- Operating non-destructive test instruments
- Practice day; the blasting of a test panel and the application of a 2-layer coating system by means of 2 application techniques
- Coating technology
CIP level 2
In order to become CIP Level 2 certified, first the CIP Level 1 must be fully completed. The CIP Level 2 training must be followed including a successful completion of the exam. Ultimately, a certain amount of practical experience must be demonstrated. For this level, a thorough understanding of the English language is essential.
CIP Level 2 is the advanced level in which the more specific topics are dealt with. For example:
- Advanced corrosion
- Water jetting
- Centrifugal blasting
- Human character traits / behavior (personal profile)
- Specialized linings and coatings
- Hot dip galvanizing and metal spraying (TSZ, TSA)
- Specialized application equipment
- Maintenance of preservation systems
- Coating surveys
- Operating destructive and non-destructive test instruments (eg ultrasonic and eddy current coating thickness gauges, pull-off test, PIG / Took, etc.)
CIP level 3
CIP Level 3 is the so-called “Peer Review”. This is a 2-hour oral exam and includes technical questions from the course material of both CIP Level 1 and 2. Furthermore, a number of practical situations are outlined (what would you do if ……). You will be examined by three very experienced “peers”.
If all levels are passed successfully, you will be recognized as being NACE Certified Coating Inspector Level 3.
For more information, please refer to the NACE website: www.nace.org
In house CIP course
In house CIP course. An “in house CIP training” is organized exclusively for your company by DCC Training.
Call or email DCC Training for more information regarding availability and costs